Last updated – 20th September 2018
OnCare Technologies Limited (OnCare) provides a platform that permits:
- care workers to report on their care visits with each client
- care agencies to view all reports and manage care worker and client interactions
- friends and family of a client to receive updates on each care visit (subject to the client’s agreement)
whether through OnCare’s website, mobile, tablet or other smart device applications or computer applications (Platform)
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is OnCare Technologies Limited.
To deactivate your OnCare Account please contact us by:
- Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone on: +44 (0) 20 3905 5840
We treat the security and method of processing your personal data very seriously.
“Affiliates” means companies related by common ownership or control.
“Aggregated Information” means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
“Data Controller” means OnCare, the company responsible for the use and processing of Personal Data.
“Third Parties” means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control (i.e. non-affiliates) or other unrelated individuals. Third Parties can be persons other than you and OnCare and its Affiliates.
“Personal Data” means information (which may include sensitive information) relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
3. What type of information does OnCare collect about its users?
A. Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information, including Personal Data, that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
- fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account;
- access or use the Platform, such as to create A Care Vist Report if you are a Care Worker or to access a Care Visit Report if you are an Agency’s member of staff or you have a Friends and Family Account, or communicate with other users;
- link your account on a Third-Party site to your OnCare account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Data that you have provided to the Third-Party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third-Party site and authorized by you;
- communicate with OnCare.
B. Information we get from your use of our Platform
We also receive, store and process information, possibly including Personal Data, when you access or use our Platform and Services, including but not limited to:
When you use certain features of the Platform, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g. IP address) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details. We may also collect technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting and others.
You may use your contact information, such as your email address, phone number or to create or customize your account or to enable certain account features, for example, for login verification. If you provide us with your email address or phone number, you agree to receive emails to that email address, text messages to that phone number, as the case may be. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Platform and Services, if you have given us consent to do so to market to you, and to help prevent spam or abuse.
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with OnCare or logged in to your OnCare account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to you. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
4. Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the Platform or any part of it, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, to ensure you sign off when you have finished using a shared computer and to take appropriate steps to prevent unauthorised us of any mobile device you use to access the Platform or Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The secure server technology we use means that any of your Personal Data submitted to us through the Platform will be kept as securely as we reasonably can.
This secure server software encrypts information, this helps to keep Internet transactions private and protected. OnCare uses a security protocol called “SSL3”.
6. How OnCare uses the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information submitted by you is used to enable you to access and use the Platform and to help us personalise your experience;
- Log Data is used to optimise and further develop the Platform for the benefit of OnCare’s business and all Platform users.
- To ensure that Platform content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- For internal marketing analysis and administration.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Where you have given consent we may also use your data, or permit any Affiliates and selected Third Parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with Aggregated Information. (We may also use Aggregated Information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, users in a particular post code). We may make use of the Personal Data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
7. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any Affiliate.
We may disclose your personal information to Third Parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If OnCare or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a Third Party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms (which can be viewed here) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of OnCare, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and will collect your consent in accordance with current legislation if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the online platforms of our partner networks, advertisers and Affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these online platforms, please note that these online platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these online platforms.
9. Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Regulation.